Dr. Gray uses a non-surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process.
The treatment involves the insertion of needles into specific points on the ears, face, neck and body that when stimulated increase circulation to the face to initiate the healing process for rejuvenation.
- Reduce tension visible on the face
- Increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Increased collagen production, muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Feeling of whole body revitalization
A course of treatment is between 10-15 treatments, with the effects becoming more noticeable and longer lasting around the seventh treatment. Each person responds according to his or her constitution and lifestyle prior to treatment.
Dr. Gray has studied with Virginia Doran in 2004 in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture and more recently with Dr. Martha Lucas, creator of the Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture Technique.
With the Mei Zen method you may find:
- A reduction in fine lines
- Deeper lines may soften look less harsh
- The beginnings of jowls can be minimized, jaw line may become more defined in woman that are just starting to get saggy there
- Smoother skin
- Better and more consistent skin tone
There are two separate treatments, one for the face, and one for the neck. Focus is determined during the consult and first appointment. Treatment involves 2 x/week for five weeks for a total of 10 treatments. Maintenance treatments of once/month are advised after that.
This protocol is best if started in the 40’s, or 50’s depending on lifestyle and constitution.